To format your USB drive try the following methods
- Open cmd.
- Start>Run>cmd and format your USB drive. or win-key+R.
for ex: If your USB drive letter is J
C:\>format J:/q Press Enter Key
- Insert one of the drives
- click start > control panel > Administrative tools(you need to be in classic mode) > Computer Management
- Or Click Start > Run and type diskmgmt.msc in the Open: line and click OK.The Disk Management snap-in will open.
- Under the Storage section, choose Disk Management
You should see your USB drive listed here. It may not have a drive letter assigned.
- Right click your USB drive and select Format
- Make sure the settings you want are selected, then click OK
mirror : HP USB Disk Format Strorage [4shared]